Friday 26 December 2014

12.26.14

Expect an update soon. This will be the home of my 2015 fast-fashion fast in the spirit of makethriftmend, wherein I will stop consuming poorly-made, environmentally harmful, cheap clothing.

THE GUIDELINES
  1. No clothing from large chain brands such as Forever 21, H&M, or American Apparel
  2. Old clothing must be donated, traded, or recycled
  3. Gifts from other people are exempt from the rules.
  4. HandMake at least 1 article of clothing each month (12 new pieces in my wardrobe by end of year) from eco-friendly or sustainable materials
  5. Attempt whenever possible to trade for clothing, because fuck capitalism.
The objectives of this project are to:
  • minimize my impact on the environment through clothing
  • save me money (impulse buys are my biggest financial drain)
  • become closer to my community by supporting local stores
  • and to save the dying arts of mending, making, and thrifting.
I predict the biggest hurdle to this project will be me going to college and the urge to refresh my wardrobe.

I hope that if the project goes well, In the future I can expand it to include body & beauty products.

No comments:

Post a Comment